A group knitting blog.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yarn Rave

I would like to take this moment to rave about Malabrigo worsted weight yarn. I started Foliage from the Fall Knitty with a skein that I had received in a yarn swap--a beautiful skein dyed lovely shades of red ("Amoroso" was the color).

I have to say that I'm in love with this yarn. It's kettle-dyed pure merino wool from Uruguay, and it is so soft. Normally, wool makes me itchy, but this yarn is squishy and soft and wonderful. I want to knit a whole sweater out of it. I want to buy lots of it for presents. It's such a great yarn, and I'm going to adore my hat when it's done.

Yay for awesome yarn!

1 comment:

Amanda D Allen said...

I really wish I could see some Malabrigo. I got some yarn in a swap that was not marked. It sure does look like Malabrigo, but I can't find a similar colorway in their online store. It is probably just my wishful thinking combined with my extreme need to figure out what it is.