A group knitting blog.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Made a Hat

I've had a recent flair-up in my desire to knit. I suddenly have plans for big projects. I'm also jump-starting the knitting group, so yay!

Here's a hat that I finished today at lunch with KB:


Isn't it pretty? Foliage of my favorite patterns--I've knit it three times now, and I love it. I subtracted one repeat because I was running out of yarn, but it seemed to be just fine. I made it for someone with light brown hair, so I think it'll look really nice on her.

I'm excited about starting Kniterati back up again...and for working on new cool projects. Whee!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yay! I'm excited about Kniterati this week. Jenn,the hat looks awesome and will make a great gift. I should also take a few pics of my scarf project and post them.

donnadb said...

Beautiful hat -- and YOU look beautiful, too! Did you get a little color in your hair?

Jenn said...

Aww, thanks! No, I actually didn't! The sun reflects off it nicely. I did dye it red about a year ago with a temporary dye, and apparently my hair sucked in some of the color and kept it forever, so it has a redish tint now.

The Foliage hat is super fun. :)

the secret knitter said...

Looks good! Good luck restarting the group.