A group knitting blog.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Loopy Fetchings


I taught myself the Magic Loop knitting method this week, using Fetching as a excuse to try it out. I have to say I love it. I'm extremely fond of using dpns, but there is something, well, magical about using this technique. Plus, I have awesome new needles from Knit Picks that are apparently perfect for Magic Loop.

I discovered that I needed to knit them smaller, so I'm using size 4 needles. I also might try some shaping around the wrist on the second one, since they are quick to knit, and I can experiment with the second one. I don't really like them to be too loose. See my Ravelry page for more info on them.

KB is supposed to be on Ravelry soon, incidentally, so I can't wait!

2 comments:

bockstark.knits said...

I heart magic loop! I love that I can stop anywhere and just pull the needles through (very useful when you have toddlers running around). Fetching looks great!

the secret knitter said...

Count me among those who think magic loop is so much better than dpns, and the Options needles are ideal for the technique.