A group knitting blog.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Impromptu Scarf

I've been itching to knit ever since we got back from Europe, so I ordered some Vacation and Get Away from KnitPicks to make a couple toddler ponchos. When I knit up the Get Away, I didn't like it as much. The colors didn't seem to pop and it just looked kinda muddy so I decided to scrap that project and use both the yarns to make Dawn's Scarf. I couldn't figure out the Twisted Drop Stitch so I just ended up doing 2 YO, because I knew they would give me what I was looking for. Here is my finished scarf:


I can't yet decide if it is absolutely adorable, or absolutely hideous. I just can't decide how I feel about the colors.

Is there something that I should do to keep the tassels from fraying?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Nice work!

As far as keeping the tassels from fraying...maybe some of that fray glue they sell for fabric? That might work...

donnadb said...

Beautiful stitching -- but yeah, I'm not sure about those colors either. Hmmmm ... can't think what that might be good for.