A group knitting blog.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kniterati Meeting: April 9th

Knitting group is always so much fun. Everyone trails in, we eat some dinner, and we all sit and knit. Lance made us curry last night, which was delicious. Janie brought some salad, and Kathy made a yummy fruit, whipped cream, and granola dessert.

I'll have to let everyone post about their own projects (if I can pester them into it), but I'll give a brief overview: Janie is making good progress on her scarf--she'll probably have it done very soon. Sarah got the hang of the knitting thing and knitted several lovely rows--really, they looked beautiful and her tension was even. I was proud. Lance is debating on frogging his scarf to make something else (he doesn't want to buy more yarn). Kathy started her really awesome bag using recycled silk from The Wool Peddler (it's nifty!).

And me? I tried working on my scarf for the ISE and got through one pattern repeat. Starting on the next, I messed it up (somehow) and had to frog it back almost to the beginning of the repeat. I hate that, and I hate having to frog. And on this scarf, I've been doing a lot of it (at least one frogging per repeat). It's frustrating because I usually don't have a problem following a pattern and not messing up, but this lace pattern combined with the silk/mohair blend that I'm using is apparently a tricky combination. I'll keep working, though, because the parts I have done look beautiful.

So that was our meeting for this week. Stay tuned for more delights to come!

1 comment:

the secret knitter said...

Frogging seems to be a theme. I thought I was nearly done with a baby hat, but I've run into some issues and think I may have to frog through all my decreasing and maybe a couple more rows. Ugh.