A group knitting blog.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Kniterati Meeting: April 2nd

Our ranks swelled by two knitters: we welcomed Janie and Angie to our midst. After enjoying some deliciously spicy stir-fry (thanks, Lance), we sat down to knit. I worked on my tank-top and my scarf for the International Scarf Exchange--I'm knitting a lace scarf in red mohair/silk blend. It's turning out lovely, but it's been a pain to manage the yarn and all of the complicated lace knitting techniques. I'll post a pic when it gets more along. I think my pal will like it!

Kathy learned how to make an I-cord (which is so incredibly easy and awesome), and is assembling her leg warmers. She'll have to post some pictures soon and tell us about them--but they are looking fantastic!

Janie has a knitting mom. She knew the basics, so all I had to do was teach her how to cast on and remind her how to do the knit stitch, and she was off making a wonderful fuzzy black scarf. She too will have to share about her progress.

Angie is a brand new knitter. I had Lance teach her some of the basics, then I had to intervene--but she's quickly picking up the skills. She will be working on her practice piece, and then starting a scarf in a wonderful mocha chenille.

And Lance started his scarf that he plans to felt. He was prevented from knitting very much from a hammer injury to his left hand, but his project is coming along wonderfully--he's a consistent knitter so his stitches are even and great.

I think next week we may pick up another knitter--I certainly hope so. It's been a lot of fun so far, and everyone seems to enjoy having a place to knit and chat and eat good food.

2 comments:

Mehmet said...

A nice blog like mine:).How about link exchange?Here is my address www.phototerm.blogspot.com

the secret knitter said...

Hooray for new knitters. Now if only you could get them to write a little here too.