A group knitting blog.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Knitterly Update

I joined a new swap, barely squeaking in before the door slammed shut (whew!). It looks to be a fun swap--The Knitter's Coffee Swap, which combines two of my favorite things. If you're interested in finding swaps, check out the 2007 KALs link in the sidebar--that's how I found this one, which I'm really excited about.

After getting frustrated with my ISE scarf (I know I need to post a picture), I picked it back up again last night and had some more success (I still had to frog two rows, though). I'll probably be working on it tonight.

Oh, and I also started a sock. Donna made me jealous with her sock knitting (and I'm a much older knitter!), so it spurred me into starting. I have a feeling that I'm going to be addicted, and lots of people will be getting hand-knit socks for Christmas...

Anyway, we cancelled Kniterati last week, but this week we're back full force. I'll post about the meeting tomorrow!

2 comments:

donnadb said...

I turned the heel. Did you hear I turned the heel? [/piglet]

Yes, you are a much older knitter. So, so old! Creaky! Now I have a new motto. Whenever I feel tired or achy, I'll say to myself and everyone around me, as loud as I can, "Yes, but Jenn's a MUCH OLDER knitter!"

Jenn said...

You mock me, Donna.

I actually thought about that phrase later, but decided not to change it, thus giving you fodder for mockery. ;-)