A group knitting blog.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Kniterati Kick-Off Meeting


Last night was our first meeting and a successful one at that! It was only four (six if you count the two cats who were trying hard to get at the yarn), but everyone had a good time and learned some knitting.

I had to quickly learn to knit continental style (i.e. left-handed) in order to teach the two lefties. Both of them picked it up quickly, though, and they were off! It was a great feeling to see them knitting so quickly.

Look at them go! Sarah is practicing casting on and knitting her swatch (she doesn't have a first project yet) and Kathryn is making these legwarmers. She's pretty far in on the first one!







There's Lance and I. Lance's yarn order hadn't come in yet, so he spent the evening learning increases and decreases.

And I'm working on this project. My very first wearable thing! (i.e. not a scarf or hat). It should be exciting.




And here's some other pictures:

Tiny cat wants to learn to knit!








Awww.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Knitting group was so much fun last night. I can't believe I started knitting something and it doesn't look like a total mess.

Lots of extra fun when the kitties tried lend a hand (or paw...hehe).

Next week I will try to bring something healthier to eat.

the secret knitter said...

Looks like fun. For the record, I'm not left-handed but use the continental method for an unknown reason. At times I think the other way would be easier.

Congratulations on getting the group started!