A group knitting blog.

Friday, March 23, 2007

what to eat at a knitting party...

Jenn & I did some knitting this afternoon since we didn't have work today. Yay! I learned how to increase stitches on a row and also tips on what to do when my ball of yarn gets tangled up in knots.

We talked about what kinds of food to bring to our knitting group next Monday. Last week was not healthy I suppose. We had oreos and doritos. Jenn did make some healthy fruit salad and soda bread. And we had some carrots....but the cookies and chips left me feeling sort of gross. We thought about maybe bringing some edamame. It's super-easy to cook...and still counts as finger food. Fruit is always a good standby as well. But, since the food we eat on Monday night knitting group will be counting as "dinner" for some of us, we were thinking of making something a bit more substantial. It would be super-easy to bring vegetables and stir-fry them. I also thought about making a salad. Of course, these would require plates and forks....but, well, darn it, I get hungry and want some real food.

Just thought I'd post about the food and see if anyone else had suggestions on what kinds of things to bring to eat. Obviously I'm food-obsessed.

kb

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Mmmm, edamame...

Kathryn said...

I'm hoping there will be potluck leftovers...I think David might make fake chicken pot pie. I'm going to make key lime pie. Either one would be good on the second day I think.