A group knitting blog.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yarn Purchase!


I bought some lovely yarn today for my ISE swap. I think I'm going to make a lace scarf for my pal out of Madil Kid Seta yarn in red:

I think it'll make a lovely scarf. It's mohair and silk, so it'll work really well for a lace scarf. And the color is also nice. I'll post pictures as I begin crafting it...hopefully my pal likes it!!

I also bought some linen yarn for Lance, since he's obsessed with linen. I'm curious to see how it feels and how it knits--I've only used wool, cotton, or acrylic and have just begun experimenting with different fibers and materials. And believe me, there's a lot out there. If you mosey on over to Yarn Country, for example (they have a large selection of yarns), you can see that they have ribbon yarns, yarns made from wools, cashmere, bamboo, cotton, silk, angora, mohair, linen and many blends of fibers. It's amazing just how much is out there to use in creating projects.

I may have some experience, but there is so much to learn about knitting that makes me want to keep learning. (Just like literature, I suppose...oops, wrong blog!)

2 comments:

Emma said...

Ooh, that yarn looks really pretty! I'm sure your pal will love it.

g-girl said...

ooooh, the madil yarn is gorgeous! great color too. :)